Date: January 22, 2014
Attendees: Nick Stenning, Andrew Magliozzi, Jamie Folsom, Doug Schepers, Dan Whaley, Randall Leeds, Jake Hartnell, et. al.
- Update the agenda
- Assign Todos
- Process for writing docs (Nick and Randall?)
- How is the documentation generated? [a]
- What aspects of the Annotator API docs need updating?
- Plain english documentation about how how it works and how pieces work together.
- Which other docs can we model? [see “Docs we like” below]
- How will we handle new storage and auth?
- Most hasn’t changed… names have changed a little as has plugin loading. Authentication hasn’t changed yet and may not change before 2.0.
- How can we make the Annotator landing page better?
- What will developers need to know about Annotator 2.0?
- Question: GH-Pages branch, or Wiki? Pros/Cons?
- use HG-Pages branch
- Who should write the Outline/TOC?
- Should we use Hypothes.is to annotate the current docs?
- Create a Hypothes.is account by downloading the Chrome extension at: http://hypothes.is/alpha
- And following the directions on the page
- I Annotate 2014, Apr 3-4, Hack days Apr 5-6
- @Nick - Hypothes.is on the docs
- @Nick - Import “reStructuredText - how does it work?” meta-documentation
- Create a Docs branch
- @Michael,Jamie - Review documentation for sanity, up-to-date-ness
- @AndrewM - Update links -- remove wiki markup and replace with rST links
- @Nick - Remove all reference to AnnotateIt from docs
- @Dan - Collect Annotator use-cases and demos
- [thanks for starting this already, @DanWhaley!!]
- DONE @Nick,Andrew - set up annotatorjs.org[b] to point to gh-pages
- @AndrewB - Create desired sitemap[c]
- @AndrewM - update github pages content (switch to Jekyll)
- @Jake,Randall - Update appearance
- DONE @Nick,AndrewM - docs.annotatorjs.org -- point at RTD
- @Randall - API docs extraction
- DONE @Nick - Remove documentation from wiki and update to point to docs.annotatorjs.org
- can we migrate our google doc to our community / annotator-in-the-wild page?
- showcase projects with a page like this: http://builtwith.angularjs.org/
- Find and list existing Annotator plugins
- Create plugins.annotatorjs.org
- Where does annotator “live”? OKFN?
- Assemble FAQs from the mailing list
- Make an Annotator setup tutorial (screencast / gist / etc)
- Django - https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/
- MongoDB CRUD Operations - http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/crud/
- Pyramid - http://docs.pylonsproject.org/en/latest/docs/pyramid.html
[a]Good question. I think we need documentor documentation. Short answer for you: "pip install sphinx && cd doc/ && make html"
[c]Here's a draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AZMfHE6SPEIztNSNIXALxev5KO0qQfolwTxRt_f15Do/edit?usp=sharing